Random Chit Chat

EDIT - I feel like adding my 8800GT to my setup as an physx card. If my PSU doesn't supply enough power, it would just not start correct? Will there be any damage to it?

Incorrect. Newer cards tend to draw very little current in 2D mode, including at startup. If your PSU cannot supply enough power, it will most likely boot up fine, but when you play a 3D game, it will stress the PSU much more than it was untended for, causing very bad ripple, and potentially, blown caps. It could easily damage every component in your computer.

Vx550w for two G92's? Try it with stock overclock first. Corsair has some really nice protection built into their PSU's.

But to be on the safe side, how many connections does each of your 8800's take? How many and how many pins.

I know my PSU can run two 8800GT in SLI with my current OC since it was the setup before I went to China. I was thinking of using my 5870 to be my primary GPU, and just add one 8800GT to the second PCI-E slot for physx.
The 8800GT takes 1 6-pin, and the 5870 takes 2 6-pins by the way,

How much watts does an 8800GT take when being used (fully) as a physx card?

Cool, I'll install it later tonight if I have the time. I will post some 3Dmark and Vantage when I am done.

Check out what the Zune community is doing with the Zune HD.

0CQY2.jpg

Name: Liberate
Version: 1.1
Author: Netrix, Microsoft (explorer.exe)
License: Free to distribute, Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Shared Source License (explorer.exe)

This app liberates your Zune HD's display to allow you to run applications and games that render using GDI. However, many things will not work without adding addition libraries that they need in order to run. As such, casual users will not have much use for this app on its own.
Link

Back
Top Bottom