Need Some Advice On My First Build!

do not go with 460 over the 5830.
i reccomend radeon 5870
460 will burn out on u... doesnt matter evga giga or asus... all the same
kingston ram
mobo the asus one mentioned above

you should get a big full tower if u are building a gaming computer becuase u need cool temps...
a cooler for ur cpu is also recomended... i suggest coolermaster and yes case u can get full towers by coolermaster as the guy above suggested.

So i did some more research and got some pointers and opinions from you guys (thanks). So here is what ive come up with.

Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366
ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V
EVGA GeForce GTX 460
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner

Just a question about the mobo, not sure if this is the one for me. I really am not sure what one is good. I like the idea of USB 3 and the SATA 6.Gb/s so i can use the faster HDD.

Is the PSU good?

ohh and the total shipped from newegg is $1,191.40 (with Win 7 home prem)

Let me know what you think.

do not go with 460 over the 5830.
i reccomend radeon 5870
460 will burn out on u... doesnt matter evga giga or asus... all the same
kingston ram
mobo the asus one mentioned above

you should get a big full tower if u are building a gaming computer becuase u need cool temps...
a cooler for ur cpu is also recomended... i suggest coolermaster and yes case u can get full towers by coolermaster as the guy above suggested.

5870 is twice as much as a 460 so thats a no go.
What do you mean by burn out?

No offense towards him personally, but that was an uneducated post. I'm not sure what his source was for that, but I've yet to hear of all GTX460's "burning out".
Much less, needing a full tower for cooler temps. If anything, a larger tower can raise temps if not filled properly. Case size affects air pockets, flow, pressure, etc. Larger isn't always better.

No offense towards him personally, but that was an uneducated post. I'm not sure what his source was for that, but I've yet to hear of all GTX460's "burning out".
Much less, needing a full tower for cooler temps. If anything, a larger tower can raise temps if not filled properly. Case size affects air pockets, flow, pressure, etc. Larger isn't always better.

Seems to me there not that bad if he has one in his system...

Nothing over the top with regards to gaming. CSS, CODMW, and Flight sim x. alot of photo editing with cs5 and lr5. so i think the 460 will do.

i have a 27" sceptre screen 1920 x 1080p. Is the 460 with only 768mb enough or should i really get the 1gb?

What do you guys think of upgrading to a GTX 465. Seems like there are quite a bit better than the 460 and not much more $.
Mostly going to be playing Flight Sim X, will my setup be good enough?

It will be overkill for FSX! But I have been known to say you can never have enough of the latest and greatest in technology. I have FSX and love it!! Good Luck!!

It will be overkill for FSX! But I have been known to say you can never have enough of the latest and greatest in technology. I have FSX and love it!! Good Luck!!

IF you dont mind me asking whats you system spec and are you able to play it with all the settings maxed out?

Corsair PSU it is. 650 watt should be enough?

Anyone one else recommend any other changes?

And what about Firewire? Does the Mobo support i or have it built in?

I dont think anything even uses Firewire these days that i know of. So i dont know why you would want it?

Back
Top Bottom