Random Chit Chat

I don't think you should get a netbook to game on. I don't think you can run L4D on the netbook on minimum. The Intel atom is about the same as a Celeron, and I think loses to a lower clocked one too. Also, Intel graphics are the worst, or so I have been told. I think you can run games like Doom on it.

My laptop is an AMD QL-60 with 2GB Ram, and an 8200G onboard. I could barely run games. The only games I can run are like NFS Underground, SCII (lowest settings, and lags during 2v2), Audiosurf, Counter Strike, SimCity 4. As you can see, SCII is the newest game I play on it, and it lags. I average about 20-30 frames during 1v1. Out of all those games, the only one that stays about 30FPS and never went below was NFS Underground.

ATI is coming out with the 6000 series already?
http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Home.aspx
I wonder how they perform.

EDIT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410880
Seems kinda disappointing and I'm happy at the same time about the performance. It's disappointing that it's not as good as the 5870, but I am happy because I still have a great card. Seems like the only plus is the 3D (which I can't do anyway). Maybe it will get better with new drivers in the future. Then again, it looks like the 68xx is their midrange cards (according to the forum link). Seems like some cards are going to drop in price.

Random thought of the day:
This comes as a quote from someone I work with, bearing in mind I'm a technology coordinator at a school:

"I'm just a speedbump on the information highway."

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220782
Decent for a netbook?
What kind of games could that play?
Anything within the past year?
like, L4D on minimum or something?

Considering a Netbook to put all my media/movies on so i have it on the go when i go to a friends dorm or house an i want to take my movies with me to watch there or something.

The new Neo x2netbooks might be able to game a bit, but the atom ones won't play more than DOOM.

If you want to game, get a real notebook. The ASUS G series is pretty sweet and isn't overtly expensive.

I think it's best to not buy a notebook till black Friday/cyber Monday. It's only a month away, and you can find some really nice deals.

I don't like refurbished electronics. I never had a refurbished that doesn't have problems with them. I would pay the extra $150 for new and a better warranty.

I typically agree, but the ASUS, Apple, and sony tend to be the exceptions to this. They put the refurbished products through much more stringent testing than the new ones, and any part that was bad gets replaced with a brand new part. I've bought several refurbs from each of those brands and have never had one problem with any of them.

I bought a refurbished Sony PSP before, the UMD did not work. Returned it, got another refurbished, this time the analog didn't work. Returned it again, and got another one. This time, there weren't any problems, but the scratches on the screen annoyed me. However, I think Gamestop was the ones who refurbished them.

Have anybody here played DJ Hero? I'm thinking of picking it up. I like playing GH and RB, and thinking of getting a keyboard for RB3 when I get the money. The turntable will be used though, so that's kind of disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom