Need Some Advice On My First Build!

motostu93

Baseband Member
Alright so im looking to build up a new system and need to help/advice. Ive been doing quite a bit of reading and im not 100% sure and what i want or even what i really need. I think id like to go with intel(i7) but not 100% set on that, also i cant for the life of me decide to go with ATI or Nvidia. hoping i can pull of a i7, x58 board, and 6 gigs of ram.

Here is what im looking at right now. Suggestion or a whole recommended build would be awesome.

Zalman Z7 Gaming Case
Intel® Core™ i7 950 Processor 4x 3.06GHz (or AMD?)
6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 (what brand?)
ATI Radeon HD 5830 - 1GB (Nvidia?)
MSI X58 PRO-E
700 watt PSU (how many watts would i actually need? what brands?)
WD 1TB
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE (or just the on-board? good enough?)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (can i use the vista basic that came with my dell 530?)

Suggestion, Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!:cool:

Very good system, i have a 5830 and i can max out all games. You dont need a 700w power supply, i have a 550w and mine works fine, but you could get a 600w just for the extra power (thats what im getting next because my 550w has broke so im gettinga refund). Im not sure about the audio card, my motherboard has 7.1 audio built in, for me personally, id just use the on-board audio and save a few bob. And i also would go with the i7 950 instead of amd.

Zalman Z7 Gaming Case
Intel® Core™ i7 950 Processor 4x 3.06GHz (or AMD?)
6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 (what brand?)
ATI Radeon HD 5830 - 1GB (Nvidia?)
MSI X58 PRO-E
700 watt PSU (how many watts would i actually need? what brands?)
WD 1TB
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE (or just the on-board? good enough?)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (can i use the vista basic that came with my dell 530?)

Stick with the i7 950 if thats what you want, it's a cracking CPU and for me the best boards for i7's are the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R and Asus P6X58D-E. Also go for 1600Mhz RAM as it will give you a bit more room when overclocking.

And i'm sure the GTX460 is a better performer than the HD5830. Go for the GTX 460 1GB or the HD5870.

The 460 has a tessellator per SM, the 5870 has one. I think HD6K is resolving the "one tessellator" issue.

I'd still go with the 460 or 465. Catalyst is probably still just as much of a wreck as it's always been.

The 460 has a tessellator per SM, the 5870 has one. I think HD6K is resolving the "one tessellator" issue.

I'd still go with the 460 or 465. Catalyst is probably still just as much of a wreck as it's always been.
yeah 460 evga it is. any recomendations on a case?

Back
Top Bottom