Can this run these games?

Well, I am going to be primarily gaming. I don't think I have anything else in mind that I'd do that would require too much processing power. I do some Photoshopping, however it is relatively basic enough not to take up a massive amount of processing power even from my 2GB processor. im really hoping you mean Ghz, and not GB...

Oh, and if I decide to finally upgrade my RAM to 4GB, is there a risk of the motherboard dying or anything? I'm not too sure what one I have at the moment but it came with my computer at least 3-4 year ago and it probably wasn't that new back then. hehe :p i doubt it even supports 4GB, to be honest if its that old...

Also you all must remember, amount of memory isnt everything.

Id rather have 2GB of DDR3 1600 over 4GB DDR2 800...

Also agian, anything 5830+ would be over kill for these games.
If my 4850 can do it, im sure any modern 100$ plus card can do it as well.

Also you all must remember, amount of memory isnt everything.

Id rather have 2GB of DDR3 1600 over 4GB DDR2 800...

Also agian, anything 5830+ would be over kill for these games.
If my 4850 can do it, im sure any modern 100$ plus card can do it as well.

Especially if you're using the new intel chipsets. While they may support three channels of memory, if you actually use all three your performance goes down quite a bit.

-Robbert

Has something to do with how the chipset is designed. You're only supposed to use the third channel if you really that much memory. I don't really know the reason why they did that. I'm assuming that by the time computers will really need 24 GB of ram that there will be motherboards that can support that much without slowing down performance.

Back
Top Bottom