Can this run these games?

Vladimiir

Beta member
Hey guys,

I was just roaming around the internet to find a forum where I could ask this:

Can this rig run Mafia 2 and perhaps CoD:MW2 ... and any other relatively new game... at the highest settings (maybe not Anti-Aliasing) at 1920×1080 screen res?

NZXT BETA EVO BLACK ATX
XILENCE 580W DUAL 12V RAIL SLI READY
INTEL CORE I5 760 (2.80GHZ, 8MB CACHE) CPU
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 Motherboard
CORSAIR 4GB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
ASUS ATI RADEON HD 5870 1GB PCI-E GRAPHICS CARD
SONY OPTIARC 24X SATA DVD BURNER
500GB S-ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive (upgrade to 1000GB for £15)
MICROSOFT 64BIT WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

I hope you can help me :)

Cheers for your time!
Vlad/Tym

Yeah definately, i have a 5830 graphics card and i can run it no problem, so your 5870 definately can, and your processor is more than good enough to run it :)

Most games (latest games) give a recommendation of having atleast 2gb of ram (roughly). I have 3gb of ram and have no problems what so ever, 2 is good enough, 3 is comfortable, 4 is very good

For examply, mafia 2 asks for a minimum RAM of 1.5gb, and gives a recommendation of 2gb :D

I suppose so yeah, are you only going to be gaming, or other stuff?

Well, I am going to be primarily gaming. I don't think I have anything else in mind that I'd do that would require too much processing power. I do some Photoshopping, however it is relatively basic enough not to take up a massive amount of processing power even from my 2GB processor.

Oh, and if I decide to finally upgrade my RAM to 4GB, is there a risk of the motherboard dying or anything? I'm not too sure what one I have at the moment but it came with my computer at least 3-4 year ago and it probably wasn't that new back then. hehe :p

:D, just check what ram you have now, and buy the exact same stuff, then everything will be compatable.

Lol, nahh, your motherboard wouldnt die.

Back
Top Bottom