Overclocked ram has no effect

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Ive overclocked my ram from 1066 to 1600, and my windows index score has stayed the same 5.9, also, the latency of the ram has gone down?

The Windows Index Score is pretty much meaningless. If you want to see improvements, you're going to have to download some benchmarks and run them with old clocks vs new.

A RAM speed of 1600Mhz, from 1066Mhz, does make a difference when you start to shift huge amounts of data around the RAM<>CPU<>Northbridge.

As above dont rely on the WIS cause it's lame. Run some proper benchies at stock speeds and your current speeds.

:D, i ran the everest memory benchmarks, i saw most things go up (which is stuff like read and write speeds) a good different when i went up to 1333 from 1066, but i never saw any difference when i went from 1333 to 1600? any ideas why?

Plus, what is latency, its gone down from 59/60 to 54

If you could refresh my memory, what are the rest of your specs (Bus speeds and multipliers would be nice if you can find it)?

My guess, is there is some sort of bottleneck that is preventing the RAM from processing at your new speed.

my spec is:

motherboard: ga-x58a-ud3r

cpu: i7 930

graphics: hd5830

and the hard drive speed is 7200rpm

The only info i know of is that the baseclock is 134, the multiplier for the cpu is 21, and ive put the multiplier for the ram up to 12 to get 1600mhz, and the uncore frequency is 3200

Anyonee

your 5.9 score in windows index is because your hard disc drive is 7200rpm.
to answer your original question.

Back
Top Bottom