No Internet on main computer

mikee

Fully Optimized
In my dorm there is Internet coming in through a Ethernet jack in the wall and when it is plugged in to my main rig firefox says unable to connect it even happens in ubuntu live cd. It worked on my laptop though when plugged in

I"m going off of two theories here. First is that your school uses a authentication system that requires you to either enter a password or register a MAC address to get access. The other, is that you were torrenting and the school got notified about it. From my own experiences in my college's IT department I can say that we got at least one letter a weak about a student torrenting telling us to stop them or face a lawsuit. Along the same line, if your dorm computer got a virus and was spreading it through the network they could have cut you off too.

I'm back on my laptop again plugged in. Every now and again I will get it working on my main rig but shortly later it says unable to connect but I can browse the internet for like 10 minutes. the system they use here is quite simple no passwords ever had to be entered just plug in and go. so I doubt they keep individual tabs on each and every student computer. I am stumped

I have figured out that it is my ipod touch that is causing this internet crash. I now have a belkin wireless router and still, as soon as I connect the wifi on the ipod the other computers immediatly start doing the "unable to connect" message in firefox. ANy ideas how I can fix this on my ipod It didn't used to to this but now it consistently happens.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom