Random Chit Chat

Umm...
Waternoodles_1_Small.jpg

I just bought a new(ish) TV. I was at Sam's and found a 47 inch 120Hz vizio LCD in the back of the store for $420. Then my dad signed up for a credit card, which gave another $40 off. It was a floor model and is missing the stand, but looks pretty good otherwise, save for a few scratches. It's waaaay larger than what I wanted, but it'll be awesome for gaming.

EDIT: This one http://www.vizio.com/vl470m.html

Cool, quick question though. How come when watching a movie on a 120Hz, it make it looks like its fast forwarding when compared to an 60Hz HDTV?

Cool, quick question though. How come when watching a movie on a 120Hz, it make it looks like its fast forwarding when compared to an 60Hz HDTV?

Fast forwarding? You mean the picture actually moves faster? That shouldn't happen.

The big advantage of 120 Hz is that you get a 5:5 pulldown when watching 24 Hz blu-rays, so every frame is displayed for even amounts of time. 60 Hz TVs have to use a 3:2 pulldown, which causes frames to be displayed for uneven times, thus causing choppy motion.

Ah. We call them pool noodles. Fun noodle could be a um. Organ lol.

IDK, that's what we call them in Louisiana. I've always thought it was kinda weird.

EDIT: I'm working on a new geeky halloween prop. Here's a hint:

2010-10-16010943.jpg

I think 120Hz looks like its playing fast is because it plays it smoother?

I am thinking of getting a Phenom II X2 560 with the Biostar A780L for my brother. He decided he wants to pay the extra $50 to get the CPU and get the mobo for free. However, when I was checking on the Biostar site for the A780L, the Phenom II X2 560 is not supported on the CPU page, but according to Micro Center, it should be compatible since they are selling this bundle. How do I know for sure?
I was thinking of just going there and ask. I was originally thinking of getting the Athlon II X4 640, but they sold out at the store. The bundle for both is $100.

2010-10-16222347.jpg

I guess I'm done. It came out pretty well except for the legs, which I can't get to cooperate. They all shifted their position at least 15 degrees since I started, and I'm worried they might give out. I guess it's wait and see...

Pretty sweet for something made entirely of cardboard and duct tape though.

2010-10-16222347.jpg

I guess I'm done. It came out pretty well except for the legs, which I can't get to cooperate. They all shifted their position at least 15 degrees since I started, and I'm worried they might give out. I guess it's wait and see...

Pretty sweet for something made entirely of cardboard and duct tape though.

That's dope, good job!

^^^ All RAM went up drastically. For no apparent reason, really. Might have been an increase in raw material cost, OST.

Back
Top Bottom