No video

gomidas2007

Beta member
just built a new rig, got everything put together but no video. Everything else seems to be working correctly. When I power up, the motherboard beeps 8 times indicating something is wrong with the video card. The fan spins on the GPU so I don't believe it is DOA. Can't get to the BIOS or anything so can't change anything there. Thoughts as to why this is happening?

SPECS:
processor - i5 750 2.66 GHz
GPU - MSI GTX 460 1 GB
motherboard - EVGA P55 sli

Unfortunatly, just because the fans spin on the card that doesn't mean it's OK. I'd start by pulling the card and and reseating it and checking that your PSU can provide the power that your video card requires. If that still doesn't work, try a different slot on the motherboard for the video card.

Also, some versions of EVGA's P55 boards have LED displays showing post codes. WHen it errors, look at at the display (if you have one) and search the motherboard's manual Usually those are a lot more specific than the motherboard beeps.

Unfortunatly, just because the fans spin on the card that doesn't mean it's OK. I'd start by pulling the card and and reseating it and checking that your PSU can provide the power that your video card requires. If that still doesn't work, try a different slot on the motherboard for the video card.

Also, some versions of EVGA's P55 boards have LED displays showing post codes. WHen it errors, look at at the display (if you have one) and search the motherboard's manual Usually those are a lot more specific than the motherboard beeps.

Yeah, I tried it in different slots and it still didn't work. I am pretty certain that my power supply is more than adequate as well, 650W. Its strange though, the first couple times I started it up the post code 85 came up which indicates display errors, but now that code does not show up. Perhaps because I have started it multiple times it simply doesn't show it anymore. So should I request an RMA?

Back
Top Bottom