HELP! Connect a Nintendo 64 to a New dell monitor????

DarthMAULman66

Beta member
I need to connect my n64 (red/white/yellow cables) to my dell widescreen computer monitor... which has a 15 pin female port. i need to find something to convert that yellow video cable into that so i can play my n64 on my comp monitor!!! Please help!!!!

umm what about the yellow cable. i have the computer plug to go into the monitor then the other plug that goes into the nintendo the i am left with red white and yellow i can plug the red and white into my speakers. what the fuck do i do with the yellow one there is no where to plug it. will there stiill be picture and everything working if its not plugged in ???
wait just had a thought there is the yellow red and white off the nintendo but i have to plug the red and white into the speakers for sound what the hell am i gonna do with the red and white from the nintendo ??? please answer

plus i dont have inbuilt speakers so thats why i have to plug into separate speakers which only takes red and white

I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to do...
If you're using a VGA(PC monitor) to RCA (Yellow, White, Red) cable then plug the VGA end into your monitor with no speakers, and the RCA yellow end on the cable in to your RCA yellow from the N64. Then run the RCA white/red from the N64 to your external speakers.

I can make an image of this if you need me to.

yeah you pretty much explained it. so after i plug everything in that you just said . i should have a red and white from the nintendo with nothing pluged in them. so that all works properly like that thanks man big help

Back
Top Bottom