Getting My Desktop Working

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
So, I got on the internet(a blazing 14.02kbs, thx sprint!!!) and looked at the manual, and whallah: It has absolutly NOTHING to do with the HDD itself, in fact it has to do with whats on the HDD, and the stupid people who designed dell recovery (Who should be fired!). It wants a floppy disk, which, i got a bent expension slot cover, screwed it in, and no "Diskette Drive 0 seek Failure", but it still has "Preforming Auto IDE Configuration Check" and the sudden shut down.

By reading the origioanl manuall that came with it, and trying the cds, and reading it again, I came to the conclusion the the cds will not work because it wants a bootable floppy disk! I have plenty of unformatted floppies laying around. but how do i install windows xp from a floppy disk? Windows XP Bootable: 586mb Floppy disk: 1.44mb.

EDIT: It now responds to the keyboard :D, but will not enter bios or boot menu.

Ah, my dad used to have to do this on one of his computers. The floppy is just to boot into the xp install environment, and then the cd goes from there.

I dont have an external floppy drive to copy the I386 folder to, but it will be here by friday.

EDIT: I think it wants somthing other than a cd-r, in the cd-r drive:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZUXGRAlTFo

:p

It hink the auto turn off is an overheating issue, i had to reboot it 6 times, of which they got shorter and shorter, when the last one didnt make it through thte dell splash logo... :p

Back
Top Bottom