no start up

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
im having a big problem, for the past week i have switched my pc on and out of the blue it would just turn off, and now it wont even switch on, well it does for about 2 seconds then just turns off (all fans and lights come on, and just powers off)

i have just cleaned into the case, no dust, and have deconnected all cables and plugged them back in.

PSU problem or something else???

What kind of power supply is it? Name brand with enough wattage hopefully. The first way to be certain of the issue is to just swap the power supply out with a different one. Does the system turn on with the other one? If not, isolating the problem may be harder.

LOL everyone is having a problem with there PSU..Once again agree with OG if you know anythone with an extra PSU with more or same wattage try swapping it out to test.

its a OCZ StealthX Stream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2, i got it from overclockers, 25th aug 2007, and all OCZ PSU have a 3 year warranty, iv just gone over that by about 5 weeks! i'll ring some people and see if they have a PSU but i dont think any1 will have, the only other thing is the motherboard its self, its coming upto 5 years old so i dont no if its the motherboard or PSU

Yup, motherboard would be what I suspect next, but I'm being hopeful and going with the power supply for now. :)

Nothing wrong with that PSU in general, get another one of those if you'd like - bad PSUs happen, even from the name brand guys.

Change PSU first. If it was turning on and then randomly turning off, in my opinion, that's about 90% chance of the PSU.

I had the same problem once. I bought a cheap tester off ebay for 10 or 20 dollars and turned out it was the power supply.

Ask one of your friends if you can borrow theres for a second lol..just ask see if they will take theres out for 2 mins to test yours and if it works you know that you need to go out buy a new one.

iv got a m8 coming round with a psu, ill let you know how it goes...

it is the psu, we put a 750watt in and it works fine, so just going buy a cheap 600watt psu, only going need this pc until summer next year so should be fine :D

Back
Top Bottom