Computer failures!

Drastic

Beta member
Hey guys,

So I have two computers. One is giving me an error of Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter. I'm pretty confident that my HDD has finally failed on me. My second computer is just not booting at all as if it weren't getting power. However, the green light on the motherboard is coming on, so wouldn't that signal my PSU to be working? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Drastic

im having the same kind of problem with my pc, the light is on on the motherboard but nothing is working :S

Hey guys,

So I have two computers. One is giving me an error of Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter. I'm pretty confident that my HDD has finally failed on me. My second computer is just not booting at all as if it weren't getting power. However, the green light on the motherboard is coming on, so wouldn't that signal my PSU to be working? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Drastic

First PC - make sure there's no floppy disk inserted or that you've got a USB drive plugged into a USB port before totally freaking out. Second, grab a copy of GWSCAN from Gateway's support site, it works on just about any SATA and IDE Hard drive out there and run the SMART, Short and Extended TESTS on your drive. That'll tell you, with near perfect certainty, whether or not your drive is good or bad.

The second system is tough to say, just because the standby LED is lit up doesn't mean that the Power supply is fine. Do what I do in these cases, unplug the power cord from the back of your PC and hold in the power button (yes, with the power cord unplugged) for about 15 seconds. Then let go of the button and plug the power back in. Does the system turn on when you press the power button? If not, consider getting either a power supply tester, or just buy another power supply and replace the first one. If you're lucky, the new PSU will fix the issue. If not, you'll have to isolate the cause further.

r_moore04, get your own thread. ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks,
Drastic

Can you get into CMOS settings? If so, check the boot order and make sure that the hard drive is first. Also, open the box and check all of the drive/motherboard connections.

Second computer if the green light is on that only means its getting 5 volts to it...Most likely the PSU is bad..you said nothing is coming on no screen nothing right. If so im sure the PSU is bad

New PSU should deff fix the problem..
Second PC i would agree with OG...I think the drive is bad but i agree with OG do the steps

Back
Top Bottom