Random Chit Chat

Probably about 2 hours if it were a 6 cell with a high end Corei3(350+)/low end i5 (450-).

8 Cell is a different animal. And would not be worth the extra cost.

CPU type (speed, architecture, etc), RAM, Screen size, HDD, and some others will be determining factors.

I have a Dell Dimension 4500, Iturned it off last year, this year, i turned it on, and nothing spun up or anything, the cpu heatsink was cold, and the hdd didnt budge, i put a different psu in, and everything worked as normal, except, it didn't post, you can turn it on and off regularly, no video, no zip, cpu gets warm, the hdd spins up and the cdr's check in, but no video, could you tell me whats wrong.

Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 1.8ghz - tried my Celeron D 2.53ghz
512mb DDR pc3200 - tried all the configs, 256, 256x2, 512mb,512x2,1gb,1gb512,1gb256,zip
40gb Maxtor DSL -L40 - tried ALL my hdds, yes, all total 467gb of them
Nvidea Geforce 4 MX 440 - tried my other agp GF 6200 and Radeon 9600 Pro too
swapped dell 250w psu w 75w pcie -my 450 wont fit

Wattage/amperage of old PSU, wattage/amperage of new PSU? I doubt this has much to do with the issue, but I would like to know these as well.

Both are 35W, idk theamperagem because ive moved off that subject and have found, well, a half working desktop, I hav'nt checked everything yet, but my Dell B110 starts up, the hdd spins up, and afterloading the little bar under the dell "splash" it goes on to memory and error checking, not responding to any keyboard comands, it stops at "Drive Diskett 0 seek failure" "checking IDE Configuration" and then quickly turns off.

Any help?

Both are 35W, idk theamperagem because ive moved off that subject and have found, well, a half working desktop, I hav'nt checked everything yet, but my Dell B110 starts up, the hdd spins up, and afterloading the little bar under the dell "splash" it goes on to memory and error checking, not responding to any keyboard comands, it stops at "Drive Diskett 0 seek failure" "checking IDE Configuration" and then quickly turns off.

Any help?

Have you connected the floppy disk drive? If not then connect it up. Otherwise boot up and go straight into the BIOS and set the BOOT order making sure the FDD is last in the list.

See if that helps.

EDIT: Just read that it's "not responding to any keyboard commands".

Have you connected the floppy disk drive? If not then connect it up. Otherwise boot up and go straight into the BIOS and set the BOOT order making sure the FDD is last in the list.

See if that helps.

EDIT: Just read that it's "not responding to any keyboard commands".

It has no floppy drive, and it will not go into bios, hence, it does not respond to the keyboard.

Any help?

Go ahead and start a separate thread for this if the problem continues. But I think the "drive 0" message might refer to the hard drive. Check the connections for the hard drive, both at the drive and on the motherboard. And check all the other connections while you've got it open.

Back
Top Bottom