iPad?

From what I've seen, there's some people that have actually found a use for the iPad and don't mind the ridiculous cost of it. It seems like another overpriced and over hyped Apple product...

I don't get it. How is this overpriced? Anyone remember the Amazon Kindle DX? How come no one complains about the price for that?

I am with 01001010 on this one. Apple does make pretty good pieces of equipment, which is why it comes at a price. You don't get something for nothing, that is just the way it is.

All around, having used the ipad for several things, including the VPN function to use with our citrix servers at work, I find it is a very handy tool, and a fun toy. However, this is all assuming that you can get around the fact that it is apple, and apparently no one wants to be "that guy" that goes out and pays $500 for a tablet that does what it says it does... simply because it is made by APPLE!?

As I said before, the video playback is fine, although there will always be those that nitpick. The web surfing is adequate for normal usage, and knowing there is a lack of flash, you can't really expect it to do everything. As far as everything else, it either does acceptably or better.

My final point is if you have the money for it, GO FOR IT. The ipad (despite anti-fanboy comments) is a fun little toy, and WILL do what you are looking for.

And no, I am in no way an apple fanboy. The only apple product I currently own myself is a 4GB ipod nano that I never use. My experiences all come from work and school.

Aslong as Gmail, My blogs (Gizmodo, Engadget, Joystiq, Lifehacker, Kotak), Computer Forums end ebay (Which they all should) work fine, i'm happy!

My blogs (Gizmodo, Engadget, Joystiq, Lifehacker, Kotak)

I tested Gizmodo, engadget, and lifehacker on the iPad a while back, as those are the blogs I normally read. The pages displayed okay, but none of the videos showed up.

If that's all you're doing with it, a notebook would probably be a better choice.

You're comparing a first generation iPhone to an iPad. Are you freaking kidding me? It's more than simply RAM you know.

I know it's more than RAM. But if it acts like my iPhone did, memory will get used up really quickly if multitasking is enabled. That's all I'm saying.

Come to think of it, you're just unbelievable. Your demands are just so asinine that it makes me wonder how you function in a normal world.

You seem to have a serious problem with me. It seems that every time I make a comment that you don't agree with, you resort to personal attacks. it's really starting to get on my nerve at this point. So, what is it about me that pisses you off so much?

What the hell does this mean? You think I'm biased simply because I enjoy their products? Give me a break. Just because I'm one of a few members on this forum who doesn't bash Apple without merit doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a great product and a mediocre piece of crap. Perhaps Apple makes great products? Have you thought about that?

It means you'd buy an Apple product for the name, quite literally.
Yes, I do.
No, I won't.
I don't bash Apple for being Apple. I bash their lack of competitive pricing on otherwise decent products. Besides, what's a mediocre piece of crap in your eyes?
You completely missed the point of my post. I don't have a problem with apple products, I have a problem with the cost. You can buy a netbook /and/ a eBook for the cost of one (16GB WiFi+3G (or even just WiFi!)) iPad.

J said:
If you think the iPad is so expensive, name a similar tablet that's being offered at a lower price. Samsung Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook - all rumored to be priced more than the iPad.

Calling it expensive and comparatively expensive are two totally different things. I never said "I WOULD BUY [xxxxx] TABLET INSTEAD!!1!"
I said buy a netbook, deck it out, call it a day. Equivalent screen, more tasking abilities, probably a longer battery life, WiFi capable, 3G capable if he were to buy a card/USB device for it. ETC, you get the point.

J said:
Come to think of it, you're just unbelievable. Your demands are just so asinine that it makes me wonder how you function in a normal world.

Chill out. This (^) proves my first statement.

I said buy a netbook, deck it out, call it a day. Equivalent screen, more tasking abilities, probably a longer battery life, WiFi capable, 3G capable if he were to buy a card/USB device for it.

You forgot more storage. New generation netbooks typically have 160-250 GB. Though there are few netbooks that would last longer than an iPad. iPad gets 12 hours of battery life, but the longest I've seen in a netbook is about ten. Still, I doubt you would use it for more than a couple hours without having access to a charger, and you could get a second battery if it's a problem.

If you want 3g, get one with it built in. It would get rid of the huge thing hanging out of the side of the computer, prevent accidents (ever had someone break off a usb drive? Not fun to repair.) etc. Or tether your phone, I know for sure that it can be done with android, webOS, iOS, blackberry, and Windows Mobile. That approach could save quite a bit of money as the phone companies (in the US) charge $60 for 3G for a computer, but only $20 for tethering (you could do it for free but I think it's in violation of the phone company's rules). IDK what the costs are in Australia though.

you get the point.

I doubt it.

Well, i dont mind the videos not showing up so thats fine. Though if i were to buy a netbook i already have a usb 3g modem..

decisions decisions...

I personally enjoyed using the iPad. I will definitely be buying one before spring semester starts. E-books are a lot cheaper and most of them are free from my school.

Well i played with both (iPad and netbook) and i must say im VERY Impressed with the ipad! Build quality was fantastic, screen was perfect, games were nice and smooth (NOVA and Flight Control HD)!

Now the only decision is what size do i want and do i want 3G :D

Back
Top Bottom