Upgrade/CD-DVD Problem/TouchPad Problem. PLS HELP!!!

Grizzly660

Solid State Member
Hi Computer Forum Users, I am having a few problems with my Toshiba laptop, and I want to see what I can do as far as upgradeable parts.
1.) First off, I want to know if and what I can upgrade on/in my laptop.

2.) Second, I am having problems with my touchpad, one day it just stopped working. My drivers for it are installed and updated, device manager does not detect an issue, and a few weeks ago when I took it apart to clean it, the cable for it was securely installed. If you have any solutions or theories please let me know.

3.) Lastly, out of random, a few days ago my CD/DVD Drive stopped working. Know it has power, and when I insert a cd or DVD the light will turn on and blink, it seems like it tries to read it, but nothing pops up on my screen like it use to. When I open computer it doesn't show my drive there anymore, just my HDD. Device manager show that "other ATA devices", "unknown ATA device". Which I believe is my drive. Please I really need help on these three questions. Number 3 is the most important, but one and two are still important. Information on my laptop is below.

Brand Name- Toshiba
Series- Satellite
Model #- A135-S2276
Processor- T2060 1.6ghz
Ram- Slot 1/512mb-Slot 2/1gb (I do not know the MHz of the ram)

If you need any other info I can most certainly give it to you, anything to get my laptop fixed.
-Grizzly660

1. You could upgrade the Ram or the HDD. TBH, it really isn't worth putting any money into it though.

2. Have you run malwarebytes? Have you tried a different OS? A liveCD or liveUSB of linux could tell you if it's hardware or software.

3. How does it show in the BIOS?

For two, I have had this problem before and it was just a case of the touchpad being disabled in the Mouse options in the control panel. Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Mouse on the Device Settings tab.

For two, I have had this problem before and it was just a case of the touchpad being disabled in the Mouse options in the control panel. Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Mouse on the Device Settings tab.

To FOOTHEAD:
1.) first what would malewarebytes do?

2.) Second, inane not tried a different OS, I have my HDD formatted just for windows 7. Would running Linux on a liveUSB work, since my drive does not work? If so could you please explain on how to do that.

3.) When I boot my laptop it says: (media failure, check cable) or something very close to that. As far as in the BIOS what section would it be better?

- Thanx for all the help so far.

Got my touchpad to work!!!
know i need my dvd drive working, please help!!!
also my fan comes on every like 10 seconds, urns on for 20 seconds shutsoff and turns back on???
and yes it is clean no dust, already cleaned it completely, is there maybe a fan controller software i can use or what else?

Brand Name- Toshiba
Series- Satellite
Model #- A135-S2276
Processor- T2060 1.6ghz
Ram- Slot 1/512mb-Slot 2/1gb (I do not know the MHz of the ram)

-Grizzly660!

Back
Top Bottom