Very strange problem!

andy1027

In Runtime
Hi all

I have a really irritating problem

I inserted the Windows XP cd into this computer I have in which i replaced the motherboard in to an Asrock G31M-S R2.0 as the motherboard previousely had an intergrated Graphics error, anyway I got it installed and on the first boot as always I inserted the CD that came with the motherboard to get the Chipset drivers installed etc.

For a start the auto run doesn't open so I go to my computer and try to load it from there but the whole PC freezes

One time I booted the computer with the Asrock cd in the drive and it got to the desktop but only the background appeared no start menu or anything else

It sat and sat there for ages....
SO i ejected the disc, and as soon as I did it continued to load everything

I have never come across somthing like this before

Please help

Thank you

Silly question, but is the CD in good condition? Any scratches or dings you may not have noticed?

You could go ahead and download the needed drivers off their website, or copy the contents of the CD and create your own CD-R.

Well it's a brand new disc and no it doesn't have any scratches or dings etc. However I got all the drivers and utilities copied on my other Windows 7 PC to my PENDRIVE and installed them all on the PC through the PENDRIVE as I couldn't get onto the Web as the driver for the network card wasn't installed and I was going to be installing that anyway :)

So thats the update

Anything else I could check? Or is their a solution?

I've seen similar things with a few other computers. They were all fairly slow computers, though I couldn't swear the problem came exactly from lack of resources.

In those cases, I had lockups that I was able to clear by removing the disk. I think I was able to work around the problem by letting the computer run for a while--complete the various tasks that still go on after logon. Then, when the hard drive light was less active, I was able to use the disk. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Back
Top Bottom