Missing Wireless(need help)

cregeorgia

Beta member
Alright so I have a HP Pavilion (laptop) DV6000 running windows xp home edition. The wireless internet use to work fine, and for some reason now the entire wireless seems to be missing. There isn't even an icon under control panel/networking it is almost like the computer is completely missing wireless, I have tried the system bios, I have tried the switch many times and I have tried reinstalling the drivers from HP website non of this seems to work anyone got an idea?

well if the manual wifi switch is turned on and theres no wifi icon that means the swtich is broken which would be a motherboard issue which would mean ur out of luck and gotta get a external pci one. btw this is a common issue with hps. expect ur video card to die out soon or eventually lol

well if the manual wifi switch is turned on and theres no wifi icon that means the swtich is broken which would be a motherboard issue which would mean ur out of luck and gotta get a external pci one. btw this is a common issue with hps. expect ur video card to die out soon or eventually lol

That's a little extreme and never the case from what I've seen, and I've worked exclusively on HP's for my job at school.

Check in device manager and make sure the wireless didn't get disabled in there. When it's disabled there, the switch does nothing, you can still install drivers for it, and BIOS still detects it. With the DV line in HP's not all of the BIOS versions will show the install status of a wireless card so I wouldn't count on that being a deciding factor here. However, if it's not appearing at all in device manager and it is enabled in BIOS, then odds are the card itself is dead. Depending on the specific model card inside your laptop a replacement can cost between $60 and $120.

try google it. its quite common. something with the motherboard that hp refuses to recognize.

I don't need to. Like I said, I've worked with many HPs and know what to look for. Besides, with the problems you're alluding to, typically OS corruption happened first which took out multiple drivers, then a reformat, then video went out. He's only having an issue with wireless so I wouldn't jump to any large conclusions like a bad switch meaning a bad motherboard. As it happens, that switch is not directly related to the motherboard at all. It's part of the bottom cover and if left unplugged (same as broken with HP switches) it does not affect the system in the least bit.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom