New Sony Vaio always disconnects from internet

skillsforilz

Solid State Member
For some reason, my new Sony Vaio with Windows 7 Home Premium, seems to always DC from the internet when I video chat. It's starting to do it more often now. It's getting quite annoying. I always have to out the computer to sleep then turn it back on to make it work again but it's annoying to always have to do that. What's a simple fix for this problem?

And not just only video chatting, but sometimes normal activity too.

Update drivers?
Is it your interent connection? Can you try doing it hardwired instead of wireless? Do other computers lose their connection when it happens to yours?

Ive updated everything basically and when the internet DC's, it says my wireless chip thing or whatever it's called, has been turned off. Even though it's on. It get's really annoying. And no other computer DC's when my computer does.

Try uninstalling the driver for your wireless card and re-installing it from the computer manufactorer's website.

right click my computer -> manage -> device manager -> network devices? i think the section is called -> uninstall network driver.

before you do this, find the driver fine on Sony's website and download it, once you've uninstalled the driver, reinstall it from the on you downloaded.

basically one step up from "turn it off and on again"

^That's what I told him to do. But since it's been almost a month since original post I'm assuming he got it fixed some how.

Back
Top Bottom