Minecraft

No, all the changes to the terrain are permanent (except planting trees and crops and stuff) and won't be destroyed unless you remove them or they get blown up by a creeper. The things you put in chests are safe too.

There's a standalone client that you can download, but if you want to use it with multiplayer, you need to have the server's IP. The browser based version is the exact same, has single player mode, but you can connect directly to a MP server through a link if you want to. I like the standalone a lot better, you can span it across multiple monitors and it works flawlessly... If you don't mind the huge gap in the middle. If you have 3, then there's no problem there.

I highly recommend it.

I think I'm going to go get started on a mine train system on my current single player map. Probably will take a loooong time to build.

If you do get it, go here for some help if you need it: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page - It has all the crafting recipes, information on just about everything else you need, and so on.

AWW YEAH! 2000th post. In a thread about one of the most epic games ever. Awesome.. Awesommeeee

sweet, just been playing for about 4 hours.

Ill probably make a little fraps of it, just to mark it as my first time playing, an down the road to see how iv gotten better.

i made my "castle" in the middle of a small lagoon surrounded by water and iv dug down about 15 levels and found a natural cave that im mining out more. Killed a few zombies down there to. Intense stuff.

my house reminds me of an ice burgh, it is really tiny ontop of the waves but below its the size of an air craft carrier XD

theres a giant cliff a mile or so away to that i may terraform into a giant base... hm..

efaefed.jpg

North America fits in my mine under this small building lol

Apparently each square is one meter cubed. Meaning every map in single player, is well... Earth. Or more. The only difference is the depth.

I'll take some screens and maybe make a video of of what I have so far. It's intense, right now I have a HUGE network of caverns that I'm exploring. Two of the branches I've made into stone/coal mines, but a vast majority remains unexplored. I even have minecarts to transport items, and myself, quicker throughout the network.

I'm working on a vid of everything now.

how do u make them mine carts? hmm..

i tried flooding a mine section via viaducts i made to kill some enemies, didnt work... FAIL lol.

EDIT: found the recipe for the carts an such.

Yeah, all the recipes are in the crafting section of that wiki I posted. It's pretty interesting all the stuff you can make.

Powered minecarts really aren't that great, they get stuck really easily. The storage minecarts are amazing, and a really big help. If you get the powered carts to work with those, you're in business.

Right now I'm building a fortress out of the building materials I have mined. It is HUGE so far, and it's only one story as of right now. Working on the second level later today maybe.

I still haven't explored my entire cave system yet. What I plan to do is build mine tracks that all lead back to my exit. It's too easy to get lost in this game... Haha.

My system so far is this: mine tracks leading to a rock face, powered minecart, storage minecart and then if I'm too lazy to walk back on my own, a regular minecart. Once to the rock face, I just go all out mining. My biggest area so far is a 5 by 10 grid, so I yield 50 pieces of cobblestone with each pass, plus whatever other stuff I come across. I've found coal to be one of the most important resources in the game.

I've tried blast mining, but the TNT in the game is so unpredictable, I haven't messed with it that much.

Some interesting bits: furnaces and chests stack. Really helps if you're like me and have several of each, but not much room left in inventory. Unfortunately, minecarts and tools don't.

yeah, i tried doing powered mine carts an to ride in the car in front of them, or what not, i still haven't gotten that down yet.

and im guessing you cant go past bedrock? thats where im at now, found 7 diamonds and some redstone stuff. what do u use red stone for? I see u use it in controlling stuff, but to me it seems archaic.

Redstone has no real value. I guess it just makes fancy things that are there for looks.

You can dig around bedrock, but then you'll fall through the bottom of the map if you actually make it down far enough. I've done it before. You lose every single item in your inventory, and this time, it's gone until you remake it.

What's great is you can use an editor to either give yourself obsidian or bedrock and make an indestructible fortress... But wheres the fun in that? Actually - I've found using an editor to help out some makes the game quit a bit more fun.

Back
Top Bottom