Security for my computer

IronMan001

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I really would like to tighten my computer and internet security, so can someone provide me with helpful suggestions. Would you recommend the browser SeaMonkey, or Firefox? Keep in mind, I want the most secure browser. Good free secure email accounts you can make apart from Hushmail? How to permanently delete files from the computer so hackers can't recover them? Plus, for example, let's say you've entered a race and your results come online, how do you get them deleted? Because I want to completely protect my identity online. And lastly, how do you stop spam coming into your Bigpond account? I probably get around 50 spam emails per day - do you think I should change my email address and become more strict on who I contact?

Thanks!
IronMan001 :D

Firefox is a good browser to use, any quality internet suit with a firewall will suffice plus you can use a router for extra protection and sensible web browsing.
P2P software would be one of your big problems for viruses etc.
One golden rule is never respond to spam in any way as this will confirm that your email address is active.

If you pasted your email address all over the net, you probabbly are on a LOT of mailing lists, and spam lists. If you are using Windows Mail or Outlook you can block email addresses, but it would be a good idea to start over with a new one. I keep two email adressses, one for spam and one that I give to people I want legitimate mail from.

I use the firefox browser and love it. Especially all the extensions like adblock and web developer. Only use others now for testing, and then grudgingly.

Back
Top Bottom