Anyone want to help me setup a build?

NguyenAdam

Beta member
Things I plan on getting
- Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz
- COOLER MASTER Storm Snipe or the Thermaltake Element V
- SSD (Still deciding which one. Preferably around 30-60gb)
- Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
- RAM (don't know yet)
- Motherboard (undecided)
THINGS I ALREADY HAVE:
I already have a video card and PSU for this computer.

This build is meant for casual use and gaming. Could anyone help me rearrange this build? I want the budget to be around $800-$1000. Thank you very much to whoever can help me out.

bump

Specify what type of video card and psu you already have; without that information, it would be hard to judge what would be underpowered, over-the-top, or too high of a wattage for your psu.

For an i7 1366 platform go for either the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R or the Asus P6X58D-E. For RAM the Corsair Dominators 1600Mhz are hard to beat; 6GB will do you nicely. And W7 64 bit.

Ooo. Check out the i7 950 also. In the UK it's the same price as the i7 930!

I have a HIS Radeon 4870 512mb and a RAIDMAX 750W PSU.

Remeniz, will that build fit into my budget? >.>

Get a i7 950 its the same fr-eking price (inlet marketing changed the price on 8/30/2010) The owned amd at that moment

I have a HIS Radeon 4870 512mb and a RAIDMAX 750W PSU.

Remeniz, will that build fit into my budget? >.>

Ok so your good with the PSU and GPU...

The rest will easily fit that budget. Personally I would ditch the SSD and sell the HD4870. Then get an nice fast small WD Black hard drive, to go with the 1TB drive, and a GTX 460 or HD5870.

Ok so your good with the PSU and GPU...

The rest will easily fit that budget. Personally I would ditch the SSD and sell the HD4870. Then get an nice fast small WD Black hard drive, to go with the 1TB drive, and a GTX 460 or HD5870.

I agree with this. But get the i7-950

SSD'S Cost a shit ton and there a relatively new tech.

Back
Top Bottom