Seemingly random, inconsistent crashing computer the emits loud buzz from speakers

untam3d

Solid State Member
When my computer has just been turned on, or is under a heavy load, it sometimes will crash and freeze, forcing me to reset the computer. When it does so, it also emits a loud, bone jarring buzz from the speaker, leading me to believe it may be my MSI motherboard with on-board audio. I know for sure that it is not my processor or graphics card overheating; i have both temperatures monitored, and the processor is water cooled and rarely, if ever, rises over 45 degrees Celsius. I also suspect that it may be faulty Ram.

Ati Radeon 5850
Phenom II x4 965 BE
MSI 770-G45

Mine did that and it turned out to be the hard drive. Do you happen to have a 7200.11?
Ok thats another possibilty; anyone know how I can narrow the problem down, assuming that I don't have many extra working parts around?

Ok thats another possibilty; anyone know how I can narrow the problem down, assuming that I don't have many extra working parts around?

It's only a possibility if your hard drive is a seagate 7200.11. Check and see.

The only way to really narrow the problem down is by switching/removing parts. Take everything unnecessary out and run it. If it doesn't crash in a couple of days, that means it was one of those parts. If it does, then it's one of the remaining ones. Also, run a memtest, and try running prime95 for a while. They tend to show most errors in CPU and RAM.

Ok thank you, although I do not have a seagate. I'll run prime95 and a memtest.

Ok so i ran Prime95, and within a few minutes my comp blue screen of deathed so???
I've never had problems with the blue screen of death; its definately not my processor, so can i assume that its faulty RAM?

Also, I'm 99.99% sure that it's not a leaking capacitor. In the recent past, a technician was out to help me solve a problem that involved my computer failing to boot; turned out to be a spec of thermal compound on mobo.
But anyway, I know thats not the problem, becuase it was doing this before I installed the water cooling device that led to the thermal compound.

Back
Top Bottom