New Printer for Windows 7 64 Bit? Help is needed :)

steveoderocker

Baseband Member
Hello Guys! :)

I recently built a new pc (ignore what is in my signiture - it must CHANGE!), basically Windows 7 64 bit, intel i7 870 core, 8 gb ram, ati 4870x2 gfx card, etc....

But......my printer - Canon LBP 3200 (which gave me all sorts of problems on XP 32bit) doesn;t have drivers for 64 bit versions of windows :O (it WAS a good printer when it behaved ;) )

So now i ask all of you in the computer forums community if any of you have any recommendations for:
1. A cheap
2. Reliable
3. 64bit and windows 7 compatible
4. Smallish
5. Laser
6. Mono or Colour - (Aussie Spelling :p) (generally in my experience, mono is cheaper)

Printer!

Any help would be greatly appriciated....as I require a laser printer for my work and it really is a bother to go and connect it to my win7 32bit laptop just to do my printing when all of my work is on my main pc.....anyways...any help is appriciated! :p

Thanx all!

;)

- As you can see - I like emoticons (; -

Actually I have a wireless WorkForce 610 its a laser. You might wanna check this one out.

The Workforce line as mentioned above isn't laser, just "laser quality" it is actually an ink jet printer.

Everywhere I've gone that has had an HP laserJet (available in color or black and white) they seemed to work very well.

How about just virtualizing a PC and connecting the printer to that so that you don't have to buy another printer? I have a similar setup at home with an older printer I didn't want to replace. Works great. Just remember to boot up the virtual system when you need to print though.

I'm using Oracle/Sun VirtualBox.

Hey All,

@ OG: Well, i would just prefer something that runs nativly...also, it was giving me trouble on my old xp system, so i dont really mind replacing it. Also, people who are not really computer "experts" will be using this pc (and printer) and they may find it hard/bother to have to open a virtual machine...and that will only bombard me with infinite questions from them also.....
@celegorm: Ill take a look at the HP laerjets :)

Thanx All - ill post back soon! :p

Back
Top Bottom