Macbook pro VS iMac - Help!

phrozenthedruid

Solid State Member
So I know this thread is for non computer topics, but I didn't know where else to post this.

So I have been racking my brain for days now, undecided with what to do. I am stuck between getting either a Macbook Pro, or a 21.5inch imac (the $1499 upgraded one). Now let me explain my issue.

I currently have a Dell studio 17inch laptop, which is still in great condition, I use it for school, homework, browsing the web, and more importantly, video games.

My desktop I have sitting at home is complete garbage, I havent used it in months.

So I'm stuck between the pro or the imac. I find it weird to have two awesome laptops, if i get the pro, but the portability is nice, but the price is high!

The imac gets me with the huge screen.

I plan to use the computer for school, gaming, as well as the option to use the high end editing programs, or even just imovie. My major in college is broadcast communications, and I might need to dabble in editing and what not, just to be well rounded.

But still unsure what to get, so I ask for your help.
What do you think?

* Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.16GHz) processor
* Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
* 17-inch WUXGA Glossy Display (1920 x 1200)
* 4GB system RAM - 2 DIMM (DDR2-667)
* 320GB 5400rpm HDD
* 256MB (GDDR2) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 graphics
* Webcam and Fingerprint reader
* Backlit keyboard
* Slot Load DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer DVD+R write capacity
* Dell Wireless 1510N
* 9-cell battery (85WHr)
* Dimensions: 1.18" to 1.69" x 15.46" x 11.36" (H x W x D)
* Weight: 7.87lbs
* Other: "Dell Dock" software; 30-day security trial; 3GB Dell DataSafe; Dell Support Center
* Base Price: $999
* Price as configured: $1,599 (E-Value Code: 1-DNDPVA1)

i just double checked its a core 2 duo 2.16ghz processor

got it in 2008

If you're going to be gaming and doing editing I'd recommend the iMac over the MBP. I purchased a MBP last year and absolutely love it. Trouble is I work from home and after working all day my CPU is always around 70c which is pretty hot. I'm buying an iMac because I don't want to kill my MBP plus expandability is easier with the iMac. You'll save a lot if you ever decide to expand your system down the road.

Back
Top Bottom