Wanting to build a computer!

Computer Guy

Beta member
Hello there, I am new to this forum so please bare with me! - I am looking to build my own computer, with all sorts of things, I have about 3 computer towers lieing around my house, (pretty good 1's) and a laptop, so just wanted some advice on how/where to start :)

Liam

Im a newb myself but I will share my though on where to start with you :)

First you need to decide what part is the most crucial to you, my bet its CPU (processor).
When you pick out a CPU that suits you best in price/performance departments you need to check what socket it is designed for.
Based on the socket type the CPU uses you can search for a MOBO (motherboard) with that socket type.
At the point of searching for that you need to decide what GPU (graphics card) you are willing to use and you need to confirm MOBO provides the right ports for your GPU. When you got those three all set other stuff doesnt really matter because it is to my knowledge standart and goes well with any setup.

Before buying the stuff make sure you ask someone pro to take a look at what you came up with so it isnt messed up anywhere undetectable to inexperienced eye.

Are you looking to to take the 3 towers you have and combine them? Cause thats kind of what this sounds like. And if so I don't believe you will have much luck. If you are looking to build one from scratch give some price points for how much you are looking to spend. Do you prefer AMD/Intel, what do you plan to do with your new computer, play games, photoshop, ect. If you get us some of this information we can help you along and get you to a point were you are building.

Back
Top Bottom