Random Chit Chat

Is there any free video editor that will speed up my videos by 1.5?

I was trying out Virtualdub, but I couldn't quit find out.

YES!!!!!!! I just figured out what has been making my HTPC freeze up occasionally. It turns out that the 1.5TB 7200.11s caused this and there is a new firmware to fix it.

Had the same thing. Going to AD14 firmware from SD1A did NOT (and I repeat NOT) fi[cks] it. 7200.11 drives were cursed from the start. Just save yourself the trouble - back it up, and go to 7200.12.

If you are inside the warranty period, yes. Tell them your S.M.A.R.T. status is failing. (I would actually run some SDST's and SMART checks) It will most likely fail SMART.

I would avoid 7200.11 all in all. .12 has much better firmware for the actuator controller, let alone the impressive new platters they put in the .12's.

If you are inside the warranty period, yes. Tell them your S.M.A.R.T. status is failing. (I would actually run some SDST's and SMART checks) It will most likely fail SMART.

I would avoid 7200.11 all in all. .12 has much better firmware for the actuator controller, let alone the impressive new platters they put in the .12's.

All right, I'll have to check on the warranty. Shouldn't they do it anyway though, since this is a known design flaw?

If I can get a free .11, I'll stick with that. It's in my HTPC, so the only games I really play on it are FoFiX and the likes, and the rest of the time it just records cable in SD.

I actually got /paid/ money to get my 12. My first drive was the .11 500/32 and it failed (being under the affect S/N list). It cost 74.99 iirc, and the .12 500/16 was (and is) 54.99. I actually got credited money to get a faster and more reliable drive.

Back
Top Bottom