Best RAM?

Personally I like the Core i5, I don't think it's too badly priced either. Just look around mate, your sure to find something somewhere. Read reviews even on sites.

Personally I like the Core i5, I don't think it's too badly priced either. Just look around mate, your sure to find something somewhere. Read reviews even on sites.

This is about RAM not the CPU, and if it was he/she can get a better CPU for cheaper if he/she goes AMD.
The Phenom II X4 955 beats out practically any i5 for the price range it offers.
even the the Phenom II X4 965 is a good buy for about the same price
For the question at hand i say DDR3 is a good bet now that you can get it for cheap, for brands if you need cheap Kingston is a good brand to look at.

But this depends are you getting a new PC?
Building your own?
If you have pre existing hardware I would not just jump in just because we suggested it.

haha, yeah i noticed he was talking about cpus but didnt feel like calling him out on it.

But yeah im building my own computer need some kickass ram.
I currently have 2x 256 mB 400mhz hynix DDR ram.

I think its crappy, should i upgrade?

Yes upgrade but you will probably need an entirely new setup from the ground up (spare the case if you think the case is in good condition)
If you are going from the ground up well it depends on what you need.
Are you a gamer?
Do you play lots of videos on your computer?
In that case consider your options before diving in.
Also how much money are you willing to spend?
These things must be considered before jumping into a project.

Yes, I game, and use my computer as much as i can. Willing to spend around $700 , but i do have components that work and i want to use to build.

The ones i may consider replacing are a case, HDD, CD drive, Graphics card, RAM, a CPU, and possibly a motherboard. Yes, this is most of everything.

Back
Top Bottom