Random Chit Chat

This was an ancient custom computer before I gutted it. There was a 2 inch tall 5 inch wide HD in there that supposedly held 4 GB and was on a SCSI. I installed on that. I wish now it wasn't hanging on my wall with the cover off, I think I would've liked to get some speed readings off of it, just for sniggles.
I have had XP installed on a 400 MHz Celeron laptop, a Dell Latitude CP400GT or something I think. Ran ok, just I kept expecting the plastic to melt when I surfed.

I just saw an ad for Windows phone 7. Is it just me, or does the interface look like it was designed for preschoolers? Seriously, who would want something like that?

windows_phones_7_1.jpg

Also, does the person holding that phone have hands that are absolutely massive, or is that phone really tiny?

Looks fine to be. Sure more innovative than Android.

I really don't see how it's innovative. It basically looks like the mutant child of android, windows 98, and the leapster.

Android because of the layout - everything appears to be displayed in widgets. It also has the 'slide arrow across screen' thing from android that brings up the full applications list.
Windows 98 because of all the blue and the sharp edges.
Leapster because of the excessively large buttons with the huge monochrome symbols.

Maybe you can enlighten me, because I am really confused as to why everyone is saying it's so innovative.

I'm also curious as to why there is no date, carrier, signal info, etc. There also isn't any type of charging symbol. I assume that will all be added to the top bar before release?

I really don't see how it's innovative. It basically looks like the mutant child of android, windows 98, and the leapster.

Not really.

Android because of the layout - everything appears to be displayed in widgets. It also has the 'slide arrow across screen' thing from android that brings up the full applications list.

How is it anything like the Android home screen? Are you freaking blind?

Windows 98 because of all the blue and the sharp edges.

You're an idiot.

Leapster because of the excessively large buttons with the huge monochrome symbols.

No.

Maybe you can enlighten me, because I am really confused as to why everyone is saying it's so innovative.

Microsoft, for once, has actually created a minimalistic and usable interface that doesn't look like anything from the competition. Not like iOS and certainly not like Android. They're thinking out of the box. Not splashing a screen full of widgets and icons and calling it a day. Doing that is not innovative. Having the balls to make something like this, is.

I'm also curious as to why there is no date, carrier, signal info, etc. There also isn't any type of charging symbol. I assume that will all be added to the top bar before release?

It's a commercial. You do the math.

Not really.

Just my opinion. That's what it reminded me of.

How is it anything like the Android home screen? Are you freaking blind?

Like this

ac1445a4.png

Functionally, it is identical. All I would have to do is apply new icons and it could look pretty much identical as well.

You're an idiot.

Was just stating my opinion of what it reminded me of.

"

Microsoft, for once, has actually created a minimalistic and usable interface that doesn't look like anything from the competition.

It looks different, sure, but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Not like iOS and certainly not like Android.

From what I can see, it is almost identical to android if android is configured a certain way, the difference here being that android can be customized to however the user sees fit, so it usually won't be the same.

They're thinking out of the box.

From what I see, everything is inside a box.

/bad pun

Not splashing a screen full of widgets and icons and calling it a day. Doing that is not innovative.

So lacking customizability is innovative? I don't follow.

It's a commercial. You do the math.

Actually, that picture was a demo unit, not a screencap from the commercial. I asked that because the information (except the carrier) is also displayed on the to do widget.

Back
Top Bottom