lunux

tdm333

Solid State Member
hello i have used windows for a very long time and im just tired of ms dose anyone know a good Linux i can download and used instead of ruining ms windows i only used Linux once but now the cd i have for it is to starched to read and it will not install anymore so i would like a little help on finding a Linux i can download and used instead

ty all for ur help im try different ones but is tere a way to used a wifi card with 32-bit Ubuntu idk how to get it to find my belkin usb card to be detected

wireless with Linux can be troublesome. Generally Fedora is the safest way if you're looking for good hardware support, since they use the latest kernels, where as Ubuntu are still on a generation back normally. Now a days, with most wireless cards, they get recognized by Linux without any issues.

You may also want to consult the ubuntu forms and see if anyone has managed to get the same wireless card working.

idk how to get it to find my belkin usb card to be detected
What model? Have you Googled around?

Wireless support on Linux these days is actually pretty good, and when it's not there ndiswrapper is brilliant at what it does (just might take a bit of configuring to get it set up.)

Linux Mint is great, but if I were you I'd go with Ubuntu. One of the best distros out there imo, I found LM to be lacking.
When you get more acquainted with Linux I can't recommend OpenSUSE more.

Back
Top Bottom