windows media player not recognising device

iffy

In Runtime
Tried to burn a cd today in windows media player and my player reads 'no device detected' Tried changing the registry number - which reads two anyway. Any how, it's not worked. I did burn a cd in windows media player last week so i don't know why it's all of a sudden reading this.

If I were you I would just ditch Windows media player for something better, its just too troublesome despite its "with the OS"
I suggest trying out Video Lan Client (AKA VLC player) and or SMplayer or even realplayer but I support VLC and Smplayer more.
Both are adware/spyware free, no stupid 30 day trials, no nagging, they are both $100 free to install and use without any hassle that you get from most software you might find:
Try VLC player first

As for burning software again windows media player should be ditched for that purpose as well.
try out infrarcorder here

I get what your saying but I have never in the ten years of burning cds with windows, ever had a problem.

Indeed, but sometimes its good to try something new.
I have used computers for 10 years now but in that time I have learned a lot.
Trust me when I say that windows media player really isnt that great, you might have used it for a long time but maybe thats because you never tried anything new, or are afraid to try something new when an application seems so familiar.
I say the same thing to people who have used internet explorer forever, sure you use it because its what you are used to but there are far better web browsers out there that can do the same thing.
Honestly I dont blame people for staying with Microsoft software but honestly its not the best out there when you look at it.
Windows media player seems nice, shiny and able to do everything, but in reality its limited compared to some of the other programs you can use.
same thing with IE
same thing with outlook
paint and a good percentage of microsofts software.
Fir me the only things keeping Microsoft on high is:
Office
Gaming
General familiarity
pre-Installation on most major PC's
Its money
and overall compatibility with hardware via installer executables.
But to be honest Microsofts main line of software sucks if you look at it the right way, just because its "standard" doesnt mean its good.

Ok, tried using another program but still same issue. The drive allow to copy from cd's either. So something is wrong with the drive. I have tried uodating driver and firmware, but still the same. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L3632H.

fixed it. Just reinstalled windows. However, really would of wanted to fix the problem without reinstall. I think the driver must of have become corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom