which is the problem? HD 5970 or XFX 750w PSU? DX

Joshua1187

Solid State Member
I just got FFXIV yesterday and immediatly started playing however it was on windowed mode. Knowing that the game should run better on full mode i upped the graphics and attempted full screen but after about 1million trys as well as uninstalling and reinstalling different version drivers ive found the computer just freezes every time. I have both a Radeon HD 5970 and a XFX 750w PSU. I've noticed problems early on that seem to be the video card but now im wondering if its the PSU... HELP! the store that sold me the 5970 has agreed to give me a refund on the card but i want to make sure thats the problem before i move forward with that.

THanks!

Sorry, your description was rather unclear, when you run it full screen it crashes? If this is the case, and its running fine in window, I suspect its not drivers. What are the other specs of your machine? Does the game run fine in full screen with settings not maxed? Also does any other games crash running full screen or at all or is it jsut this game?

Good question! I just tested L4D2 in full window mode and in ran for less then 5 minutes before freezing. Aftering logging, FFXIV dosnt even last half that long! UPDATE - runs a tiny bit longer in lower settings but still crashes.
- My specs -
CPU:
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
GPU:
Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB OC Edition
MoBo:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
Ram:
6 Gig 1600 G.Skill
PSU: XFX 850W

Any ideas?

bump

Bump :( I'm thinking about replacing the card but ide rather not go through the trouble if thats not the problem becuase 1. i saved about 100 bucks on the card buying a refurb and 2. its a pain to get in and out of the case. any help is appriciated!

Back
Top Bottom