Top 10 (20?) Most Common IT Issues?

I'd put together some type of free anti-spyware/anti-virus package that users can download (or put it on a disk).

It would have to be updated constantly. I would just put together a list of ones to use, and let them DL the newest version.

Oh, another ID10T error I remembered. My brother decided to move our HTPC for some reason unknown to me. Anyway, my dad calls me later, complaining that the computer is broken. All I can get out of him is that it "will not boot Windows."I get him to check all the connections and he says they are good. I go over to his house, try to turn it on, and black screen. So I go look at the connections, and sure enough, my brother plugged the HDMI cable into the IGP instead of the video card.

We should make a thread for this kind of stuff. Let's call it the 'PEBKAC thread'. Anyone with me?

Hello there,

Here are some that i can offer you with solutions beneath them.

My computer is running too slow.
*Do a scan for viruses and spyware.
*Upgrade your memory.
*Clean your registry.

I'm getting a runtime error 7/out of memory error when trying to run certain program.
*Check your computer's specs against the specs of the software you are trying to run to see if your computer supports it.
*Clear your registry of clutter. (CCleaner is a program that is effective and easy to use.)
*An upgrade may be an order.

I'm getting tons of popups every time I try to go on the Internet.
*Scan for viruses, spyware, and malware.
*A reformat is necessary if scans do not help.

I hope that this helps you out. I hope that everything goes well for you in your computer business.

Back
Top Bottom