Random Chit Chat

How excactly are you going to run this CPU?

What do you mean?

The input will be switches, output is LEDs.

Commands will be ADD, increment, AND, OR, XOR, NOT, and shift. The architecture is based on Harry Porter's relay computer (see here.) though I am going to most likely start with 4 bits.

The main problem I am facing is memory. I will need quite a bit and that would be nearly impossible to implement using relays. I could just put a RAM chip, but that would be "cheating." Maybe some old core memory.

Did someone say helicopter?

IMG_2434.jpg

do you have a degree in this field? if not. go get one.

and get a bad ass paying job instead of doing this for free.

LOL, I don't. I'm actually doing this for my high scool "electronics" class, which turned out to be a class on how to be an electrician. Since I am home schooled, I finished like 1/3 of the book in an hour. My teacher told me I had to come up with something electronics based to fill in the gap, so I picked this.

lol ok i see... glad your not just doing it to do it. then id be like... worried for your sake.

what grade u in?

but i really suggest going to an electronics program, jobs, pay, EPIC.

lol ok i see... glad your not just doing it to do it. then id be like... worried for your sake.

what grade u in?

but i really suggest going to an electronics program, jobs, pay, EPIC.

Well I sorta am doing it just to do it. I could easily get away with far less for this class. Seriously, the textbook teaches you how to subtract. I really cannot figure out who it was designed for, but it was clearly not anyone in high school.

I'm in 11th grade.

I plan to go into an electronics program of some sort. As far as job, I'm not really sure yet, though it would be really awesome to get a R&D job at AMD or intel.

Recursive pizza! http://gizmodo.com/5643882/recursiv...maller-pizzas-requires-advanced-degree-to-eat I want one.

lol AMD would be sweet, or anything like that.

but theres sooooooooooo much more to electronics then ones and zeros and transistors.
If you have a love for it like i do, an u go to college for it. you will be floored.

Personally considering furthering myself in Telecommunication if i can find a way to get my current employer to help pay for it.
Be sweet to work in "Deep Space satellite" research lol

Back
Top Bottom