Random Chit Chat

nah, if its got surface mount tags then they are for surface mount.

if they've got pins then they are for through hole pin mounting

so the pins are unevenly spaced? well when you're making a board you'd be expected to put the holes in the right place.

ya your right, i got my stuff confused.
for going to college for it i shouldnt have been wrong.

but...

LETS GO PENS!
First pens game at Consol Energy.
so far 5-1 Pens over Red Wings.
EPIC.

Destiny has a new home.

I was just on youtube and hit the down arrow while it was loading. The loading circle turned into a game of snake. Awesome easter egg.

LOL So 50 SPDT relays ran out far faster than I thought, so I just ordered 283 4PDT relays. This is going to get crazy...

What are you doing with them all?

In other news, finally ordered the GPS Tracker, AA USB Charger (Backup power source for GPS Tracker) and the weather balloon for Project Icarus. The USB AA Charger will power the GPS Tracker once the internal NiMh battery succumbs to the freezing temp's (were talking -40c), i'll be using expensive Lithium batteries.

Computer.

So instead of lots of transistors switching on/off your gonna use relays? Like the mechanical computers from yesteryear?

Man the power consumption is gonna be crazy. And all those relays switching on/off is gonna be mad.

Love to see it in action while it's running a benchmark!

So instead of lots of transistors switching on/off your gonna use relays? Like the mechanical computers from yesteryear?

Man the power consumption is gonna be crazy. And all those relays switching on/off is gonna be mad.

Love to see it in action while it's running a benchmark!

Yep, that's how it works. I'm probably going to use two computer power supplies for the finished one.

Lol benchmark. You mean 12 x 3?

Here is what I'm working on right now. It's a four bit adder, but only three of the bits are complete.

01f124aa.jpg

That whole thing is done without any solder. I absolutely hate wires right now.

Sweet!

Lol benchmark. You mean 12 x 3?

Ha! Anything to get those relays clicking away. Are you going to solder them when it's all complete?

EDIT:

Can anyone suggest a decent Wi-Fi PCI card? Picked up another tower off the streets. It suffered a heavy shower over night but the important bits, excuse the pun, didn't get wet. So i'm gonna run it in the garage.

Well all I am doing right now is messing around since I only have spdt relays and the finished model will use 4pdt relays. The circuits end up being totally different.

I think the 4pdt relays have little holes that I could loop the wire through. That may be easier than soldering, I'll have to see.

All done.

70a28de1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom