Graphics Card and Motherboard Help

Thanks for all the help. I'm just really worried about buying something and it not being able to fit. Then have to worry about returning it if it doesn't fit and any costs associated with that.

I had an e521 and if you remove the shroud it will over heat like a SOB. The heatsink fan combo is dependent on the cover. If you remove it there is no where to attach a fan to the rather oddly shaped heatsink. Dell builds that way to cut manufacturing costs. Not only does that fan cool the cpu heatsink it also draws air out of the case.
Contact Dell and ask them what vid card will work in that system that is close to what you want.

I had an e521 and if you remove the shroud it will over heat like a SOB. The heatsink fan combo is dependent on the cover. If you remove it there is no where to attach a fan to the rather oddly shaped heatsink. Dell builds that way to cut manufacturing costs. Not only does that fan cool the cpu heatsink it also draws air out of the case.
Contact Dell and ask them what vid card will work in that system that is close to what you want.

Damn. Well if that's the case, the best card you could get is the XFX single slot 5770.

Or use the PCI express riser I linked to relocate the card.

Damn. Well if that's the case, the best card you could get is the XFX single slot 5770.

Or use the PCI express riser I linked to relocate the card.

Well, if I got the riser, wouldn't I have the same problem? I would need to put the card in the slot below the current one since it is the only other one left open, but wouldn't the PCIe x1 be in the way, along with the PCIe x16? The only other solution I can think of is to use the riser, then just lay/stick the graphics card in the case.

Here is a picture I just took, sorry for the poor quality, it is a cell phone pic:

cardfq.jpg

I don't have a problem doing that. I just didn't know if it were accidentally to lean against something, if there could be potential problems.

Thanks again, for all the help.

I don't have a problem doing that. I just didn't know if it were accidentally to lean against something, if there could be potential problems.

Thanks again, for all the help.

Anything that the pcb would touch should be insulated. The monitor cables and power supply cables should be enough to hold it suspended though.

Back
Top Bottom