New CPU for FFXIV

Kaotix

Baseband Member
Hi, I am currently using an XPS 730 from Dell and I want to upgrade my CPU for an upcoming game that has a recommended cpu spec of an i7. Could someone tell me if I my rig can use an i7? I am currently using an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz. I still have some grant money left over and would like to upgrade :D

P.S. It would be great if anyone could tell me what the performance increase would be for this game If I got an i7.
I run:
Radeon HD 5770
4GB Corsair RAM
Windows vista 32bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

A core i7 comes in either socket LGA 1156 or LGA 1366. Your motherboard is LGA 775. So, you would have to do a platform upgrade to use a core i7. This means new CPU, mobo, and RAM (unless you have DDR3)

It recommends a core i7?! Good lord that game is either the worst console port atrocity ever, terribly optimized, or absolutely epic.

The game is Final Fantasy 14(XIV) and about the processors I looked up the compatibility list for the Nvidia Nforce 790i Ultra SLI and the best I could get is a QX9650 but it doesn't show the regular Q9650. Could I still get the Q9650 or do I have to get a Q9550? :(

Back
Top Bottom