gpu help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockess_

Baseband Member
need a good gpu that runs sc2 in ultra sets or cryses in max setts
psi ex

no nividea gpus no gtx series cuz they fail and if u beg to differ i dont give a crap... take it elsewhere

price around 200-400

What is your resolution?

I doubt you will be able to get a smooth framerate in Crysis with even a $400 card, so you should probably go with the max you can afford, which would be a HD 5870. If you can stretch to ~$500, two HD 5850s in crossfireX would be a huge leap and should be able to max crysis, assuming you don't have eyefinity or something.

no nividea gpus no gtx series cuz they fail and if u beg to differ i dont give a crap... take it elsewhere

I'm curious, what did an nVIDIA card do to you? Most people love them. I hope you aren't judging a company based off of one bad product. This happens to every company, and is completely unavoidable. Furthermore, nVIDIA OEM cards are very rare nowadays, so if there was a manufacturing defect, it is on the card manufacturer, not nVIDIA.

Or are the drivers the problem?

hmm thats too pricey ok forget the max on cryses... i want a good gpu that can run it and also has good if not the best reputation for not screen freezing and messing up after use...
the newest gsereis are allflawed and suck very much so becuase they mess up very quick... i want a good gpu that does not **** up

The best for your budget is the HD 5850 1GB.

I still need your resolution though, as it depends on the monitor.

the newest gsereis are allflawed and suck very much so becuase they mess up very quick...

Not true at all. They do get hot and use a lot of power compared to ATI's cards, but they are extremely stable, and they destroy ATI in certain areas.

Also, obscene language is not allowed on this site. Please edit your post.

thx yea thats wat google tell me as well... i dunno which moron here convinced me to buy gtx460... i kno it going to mess up soon

about the gseries my gpu messed up after day 1,,, i have like 3 fans inside my case... its full tower... and its like a mini air conditioner on me atm
so heating is not the issue

30 days passsed already but im reading the purchased reviews on newegg.com... it messed up for most after 30 days... also i read evga asus and gigabyte gtx460 reviews and all had same malfunction issue... so it is the company that makes the gpu at fault...
therefore... im planning for the future and looking for a stable gpu

I cannot find what you are talking about. I looked at the GIGABYTE one on newegg and it had 4 stars. Also, the ASUS model had 5.

Did you buy it open box or something? If not, register it with the manufacturer and you will get an extended warranty (usually a year or two) in case it does die.

I highly doubt it will die on you, especially if it running stable after a month.

i will paste the people talking about the defects:
first evga customers
customer a:
"2 out of 5 eggsRating: 2/5READ THIS..could get a bad card.

Pros: 1. great upgrade
2. short length card.
3. inexpensive upgrade
4. Excellent support from EVGA

Cons: 1. Defective card. The card will seem to work ok. But you get random lock up of computer, at welcome screen, games, etc.
2. Noisy at fan over %55-60

Other Thoughts: MAKE SURE YOU TEST CARD A LOT! The card will act fine, then it would randomly lock up a lot in a row. Runing folding at home over night is a lock up. I can play games for hours fine. But then it will hard lock at other times randomly just doing windows stuff, or playing movie, games. Very frustrating to figure out."
b.
"Pros: The card was great for the first week, ran everything great crysis/company of heros/Bfbc. NO PROBLEMS

Cons: About 3 days ago my card has started acting up. Random freezing when loading flying around in wow. Freezes and comupter is un responsive then comes back to normal and repeats. Ive also laged at the start menu and my comp freezes for a good 5-10 sec for just doing easy tasks."
Gigabyte customer:
"A.A couple days ago my display started to flicker at random intervals. Sometimes it flickers black sometimes it flickers with inverted colors. It does this just sitting at the desktop and in games. I've tried a complete reformat as well as swapping monitors to no avail."
b. "Pros: Was nice when it first arrived.

Cons: Froze up one day during a game, and now freezes as soon as 3d accelleration is used - which includes at the Windows7 welcome screen if you have Aero on."
c. "Pros: This card really cooked when it was working, I had two of these babies running in SLI and SC2 was running on all max settings at 2560x1600. It was a beautiful thing.

Cons: All of a sudden last night games because unplayable. There would be artifacts and distortions and eventually the entire computer would crash. I turned off SLI mode and switched between the two cards and I was able to identify which card the problem was coming from. The card I bought first (about a month before the second) is doing fine however, chugging along like a champ. Hopefully they'll accept the card back even though it's literally one day after my warranty ended."
d. "Hard lockups/freezes with my Gigabyte X58-UD5 board after 10 days of use. Would first lock-up in games like SC2/WoW/ME2. Would then proceed to lockup Win7 during bootup! RMA'd motherboard thinking it was the issue, but dropped board in my i5 system and it also caused that computer to lock up. Luckily I was still in Newegg's 30day exchange window. 2nd card seems to be working great so far (crosses-fingers). Wish I got the MSI card instead..."
Asus customers:
cant find atm but i read about defected asus gtx460 soemwhere b4..with same isssues

Most cards are not having this issue in the first place, so I wouldn't worry about it. If your card does die, just RMA it with the manufacturer and get a brand new one. It's nothing to get so worked up over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom