First build, suggestions and help please.

Your Mobo seems overkill the USB 3.0 will be nice, but you dont need much of anything else unless you plan on having a million input devices and overclocking on a higher level. You could save money there. And then maybe kick your 6 gigs up to 8. Also, why not pay the extra 15 dollars and get the 950? Check out this ram too... 2 kits GSKILL.

Oh yeah, I always recommend the Corsiar H50 for cooling your psu. Cheap and amazing, it also is a million times easier if you install it while you do your build instead of later. Then you have to take everything out to mount the bracket..

Erm triple channel3,6,9,12,24,

thanks for all the suggestions and help.

updated the wish list. changed the power supply to a cheaper one, got rid of the case cuz im thinking an antec from best buy will do just fine.

one more thing i was juggling around in my head was SLIing right off the bat with two HD 5770 instead of getting the HD 5870. Advice on this?

i was looking at the specs for the motherboard i choose and trying to find out if it supports RAID 1+0. it says it can support 0+1 but i am not sure. anyone can help me out here?

I forgot but it was the north or south bridge its like the integrated GPU on a board but its a integrated raid card

Someone back me up i think its the Intel IcH1oR or something

edit: Intel ICH10R

so i emailed evga and this was their response about the RAID issue.

"It can support it on the standard Intel controller which are the black ports, but the SATA 6 can only do Raid 0 or 1. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance."

for anyone who may have been wondering.

i have a 'what would you do', situation on my hands here.

the CPU cooler i got extends over my RAM slots and due to that, the RAM i got blocks one of the CPU cooler's fan from sitting how it is suppose to. i have two solutions to this issue, one is to remove the heat sinks that are on the RAM, or just move the CPU cooler's fan up a little so that it is sticking out a bit over the top of the heat sinks.

i have a 'what would you do', situation on my hands here.

the CPU cooler i got extends over my RAM slots and due to that, the RAM i got blocks one of the CPU cooler's fan from sitting how it is suppose to. i have two solutions to this issue, one is to remove the heat sinks that are on the RAM, or just move the CPU cooler's fan up a little so that it is sticking out a bit over the top of the heat sinks.

Do the latter and slide the fan up a little so it sits above the RAM.

Back
Top Bottom