Can't view websites besides 1 antivirus site

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
Yes I got a virus and thats probably from leaving my router open living in the dorms. Well spybot got all that fake antivirus stuff off. I't was a pain.. I couldn't load task manager, Command prompt nothin... So I did it in safe mode and did a msconfig config and stopped it from starting. That worked. But still I can't view websites. I can use torrents, skype, ftp and all that. I think I've seen this before some kind of setting. I just have no Idea where to look. I ran out of options

Go to the browser tools drop down in the upper right and select Internet Options. Click on the advanced tab. Click on the reset button.
That reverts the browser back to the out of the box settings. It appears you picked up a BHO which has hijacked your browser settings.

as well as Spybot S&D
also use Malware bytes and a virus scanner, (free AVG works on this one).

start in safe mode and run then all.
then reboot into safe mode and run them again.

then reboot into normal windows and run them again and again and again untill you get a couple of clean scans...

it is possible to remove this virus, but it's a long winded pain in the ass process. it is often easier to rebuild the machine -and you know that you definitely got it sorted when you do that.

In addition to the things already mentioned, check your proxy settings (under internet options/settings). I ran into a virus on a customer's laptop once that actually set the machine to use a proxy server when the original setup didn't use one. I had to go into the settings for each browser and turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom