Mosh Pit Survival

Metallica concert this weekend, i'll be in the mosh pit.

Unfourtunetly my mates have tickets to the november show so im going alone, any tips so i can make it out alive?

don't fall, keep your elbo's up, and try to make a friend who can watch ur back, as u watch his. I've been to some crazy concerts with some nasty mosh pits, and that has worked for me.

Enjoy the concert!

pretty much just watch what others are doing. if there is a really good vibe in the pit then that's cool, if there is one random guy acting like a fool and causing trouble then just steer clear of them...

In most crowds at gig's you're going to find five distinct areas.

The crush (right at the front, if you're here expect to stay here and don't expect to get anything to eat or drink, it'll be difficult to get out, and impossible to get back to where you were if you leave).

Circle pits, (where people are literally running round and flailing in a circle, (which as you'd imagine is a lot of fun, but can lead to a lot of pain).

Mosh pits, (where people are jumping around (probably again is a circular opening in the crowd) but not as violently as in the circle pits. so again, lots of fun, but you can fall over and get hurt.
then there is the general crowd where people might be moshing or jumping up and down or dancing. -not much chance of getting hurt there unless you loose your footing

then there are the old people at the back that just stand still and listen to the music.

pretty much no chance of getting hurt there, but you've plenty of opportunity to actually talk to people, make new friends, go to the loo get a drink and it' nice and easy to find each other again.

Right! That answers all my question i though of asking this morning (Thanks Root and Luke). Thought, where should i keep my Key's/ATM Card/Train Ticket? I Was thinking in my socks (In a freezer bag first though). Any Suggestions?

Keep everything in your front pockets. Back pockets are too easy for pickpockets and with all the moshing going on it's too easy for something to slip out without your knowledge.

Another tip: Relax and move with the crowd if you don't need to go anywhere. I like to think of the crowd as a nice soft water couch. Since everyone is pushing each other around it just makes it easier to just relax.

yeah, for your stuff...keep it infront of you. Zipper pockets are essential! Socks...um, probably not the smartest place. You will get your feet and ankles stepped on numerous of times, so unless you want ur phone "crushed", I wouldn't put it there :p

yup, that jacket would be a great idea! Steel toes are also great...but dam, how hardcore is this mosh pit gonna be. Maybe a bullet proof vest too? :p

steel toe cap boots are a bit too much IMO.

in fact any boots, they'll only restrict your movement, make your feet heavy and make it more tiresome to join in...

Also if you are joining in it'll just make other people hurt more if you accidentally kick them. just wear trainers you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom