Duke Nukem Forever is back!

I don't see Gearbox sticking to the original IP at all. They'll adjust it to fit their needs, port it over to PC, and make it yet another example of console to PC bastardization. I don't care if they were playing it with an XBox 360 controller, what I do care about is former PC IP being mutilated into a console IP and then ported back to PC as an afterthought.

P.S. this is an invite for Gearbox to prove me wrong. Historically however, I'm usually right.

I don't see Gearbox sticking to the original IP at all. They'll adjust it to fit their needs, port it over to PC, and make it yet another example of console to PC bastardization. I don't care if they were playing it with an XBox 360 controller, what I do care about is former PC IP being mutilated into a console IP and then ported back to PC as an afterthought.

P.S. this is an invite for Gearbox to prove me wrong. Historically however, I'm usually right.

Possibly, but they did a great job with Borderlands and the Brothers in Arms series so I wouldn't cry foul just yet.

What's wrong with AC2? I liked it...thought it was actually quite good.

The PC port was the most horrible thing ever. It glitched all the time, was horribly optimized, and the DRM made it nearly unusable. If the internet connection goes down for even half a second, the game closes itself and gives an error, and since my ISP is cox, that happens all the time. I found myself setting up a dial up connection just so I could finish.

But yes, the game itself was very good.

Ah, yeah the DRM was quite annoying. Luckily Comcast is pretty stable so I was able to play through Splinter Cell: Conviction without any major hiccups (that was a good game too).

As for it being a horrible port, I wouldn't know, but historically Ubisoft hasn't been the greatest at porting games from the console to PC. I could run Splinter Cell at max settings without any glitches or optimization problems though. Then again...all the previous Splinter Cell games that were ported to PC were f*cking horrible...good lord.

Is your connection wired?

Foothead that his.

Yep. I use a linksys etherfast 3124. The modem loses the connection at random times throughout the day. It happens to our cable too; whenever I watch anything digital, it loo ks fine most of the time, but it will randomly freeze, pixellate, play for about 1/2 second still pixellated, pause again, then resume playing. This happens about 3-4 times an hour usually. The problem is that the filter is trash, but they flat out refuse to fix it. Every time the cox guy comes, they will give some terrible excuse (usually that our cables are bad or we aren't using the right type of splitter), 'fix' it, check the connection for all of 30 seconds, then they haul ass out of here before it starts acting up again.

So yeah, if I want a reliable connection, I have to tether my phone and bridge it with the wired connection, since we don't have a home phone connection anymore.

I have Comcast, which is the same company as Cox, I don't seem to have a problem here...

My linksys routher (wrt160n) is a piece of shi*, crashes every other hour or 2.

oh joy, a company that makes games for consoles. There's no way they'll fock this one up.

No sir, not at all.

:mad:

Actually, when Gearbox was asked to take over DNF, they were asked to finish it and "port it consoles.."

That, and Borderlands wasn't that bad on the PC. Yes there was no console and it could have been better, but if you think that was a bad port, then you sir have not played very many ports.

Back
Top Bottom