CB radio

Oh knock it off, both of you.
@ winslow33 > It has been my experience in antennas that the shield braid on the antenna end has a crimp on loop connector put on it and attached to the bracket the antenna's mounted on. The radio end is grounded through the screw on connector.
When you solder on the wire to the tab on the antenna solder about a 1/4" of the center conductor to the tab. How well you solder the two together will have an effect on the balance of the radio to the antenna. In other words, no cold solder joints.

EDIT: Another thing you can do is put on a slide on connector like used for batteries, and just slide the center conductor on the tab. Make sure it's tight.

Thanks for the advice Setsishock and FlightSimBoy! I installed and got it working great. Fits in good and snug where the ashtray used to be... I put the antenna on the passenger mirror..
You know your redneck when you have a shotgun shell hanging from your mirror :p

46630_1472102154859_1002802084_31173003_2054647_n.jpg

46630_1472102074857_1002802084_31173002_5555391_n.jpg

Looks good, man! Be sure to hide those wires if you want. It's not too hard to hide wires in a truck from what I've found out. Glad it works, and enjoy it while you can. CB radio users are a dying breed.

Yeah, I havnt worried too much about the wires yet most of those arnt even hooked up yet haha... the whole bench seat is nothing but tools, pieces of wire, and various parts... Turning it into more of a mud truck than anything else

They're mounted like that all the time where I'm from. There is a lot of low clearance areas, and that's probably one of the best places for it if you don't want to break your antenna. It does look weird, sure, but it's effective.

Back
Top Bottom