- 2.4 GHz
- 3 MB L3 Cache

OR

AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 Mobile Processor N930
- 2 GHz
- 1.8 GHz HT
- 4 x 512 KB L2 Cache

Cheers in advance

Ta. I was thinking that, but, as i dont really do much processor intensive things, would the amd not be better? I am a big fan of ubuntu, would be playing football manager in virtualbox and converting videos. <<Thats all i do really and basic things like internet etc. So, because the quad is a quad, its effectively 4 computers (I think, im only 14) so in your opinion, is the intel still better? Cheers :)

The best way i can explain a quad core, is that the processor will simply be able to multi-task better, it wont quadruple the speed. The intel i5 520m is dual core BUT has 4 threads (Thanks to hyper threading), though it will still outperform the AMD (If not by much, but it still will outperform). If you were only using this for gaming i would recomend the AMD but for converting videos, the intel is the way to go.

Cheers for help. GOD im confused. Although the intel would be faster and better for converting, the AMD would suit my gaming needs. Pricewise, they are both laptops, intel one is £550 and AMD is £599. Would you like to see them? Im also wondering, do you think football manger 2011 would be able to utilize the quad core *power* ?

Well, the most important thing when it comes to gaming (While the processor is still quite important) the Graphics card is most important. Post a link of the laptop and we will take a look.

Back
Top Bottom