CB radio

winslow33

Daemon Poster
I invested in a CB radio for my little mazda pickup.
The antenna has one little flat piece of copper, as a kind of terminal, to connect a wire to.
But after splicing the coaxial cable, i have two wires. the braided metal outter wire, and the inner smaller wire. Wich one goes to the antenna terminal and what do i do with the other one? :confused:
Im guessing i dont have all the antenna mount to just screw the coaxial cable into, tune it, and start brodcasting....
Can I make this work without buying a new antenna and cable?
thanks

I think the braided metal is either just a shield or the ground. It depends on some things. When I'm working with antenna wires, the braided metal part gets spliced with the wire that has a line running down it and the center wire with the one that doesn't.

If you only have one wire to splice into, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Long story short, the center wire is the one that goes to the terminal.

Allright, thanks.
So the braided steel wire I should just ground out to the frame just in case, or cut it right off, or will it matter?

I invested in a CB radio for my little mazda pickup.
The antenna has one little flat piece of copper, as a kind of terminal, to connect a wire to.
But after splicing the coaxial cable, i have two wires. the braided metal outter wire, and the inner smaller wire. Wich one goes to the antenna terminal and what do i do with the other one? :confused:
Im guessing i dont have all the antenna mount to just screw the coaxial cable into, tune it, and start brodcasting....
Can I make this work without buying a new antenna and cable?
thanks
Drop by a TRUCK STOP OR READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
I had 1 antenna in the center of the roof above the mirror.

Brutus, you are an idiot. Just throwin it out there.

People come to this forum come here to get help OUTSIDE OF THE MANUAL. Sometimes, the manual may not explain SPECIFIC DETAILS.

Thank you for the help FlightSimBoy, I'll try hooking it up today and see how it works!

Brutus, you are an idiot. Just throwin it out there.

People come to this forum come here to get help OUTSIDE OF THE MANUAL. Sometimes, the manual may not explain SPECIFIC DETAILS.

Yes and some overlook it TOO.Post yours and i'll post mine and not comment about yours.
Let the poster decide.At least i try what worKs for me.
You are an IDEOT too for wasteing space not to help problem.Stick to that IDEOT.!!:(

Back
Top Bottom