I think its a virus

fredstek

Baseband Member
There is this folder on my hdd named "82a01e8c8bf167d6e29c26" I cant delete it with my user account that has full admin rights. I try to delete it and it says this...

You'll need to provide administrator permissions to delete this folder

i can choose from

"continue" "skip" or "cancel"

I choose continue

Then it says this

You need permission to perform this action

"you require permission from J\KaneT to make changes tothis folder.

i can select "try again" or "cancel"

I am useing a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate and i have admin rights so i dont know why i cant delete it!!!

I have scaned it with avg 9 and it detects nothing! Can some one please help me out so i can get rid of this strange folder/files

Cheers :)

There is this folder on my hdd named "82a01e8c8bf167d6e29c26" I cant delete it with my user account that has full admin rights. I try to delete it and it says this...

You'll need to provide administrator permissions to delete this folder

i can choose from

"continue" "skip" or "cancel"

I choose continue

Then it says this

You need permission to perform this action

"you require permission from J\KaneT to make changes tothis folder.

i can select "try again" or "cancel"

I am useing a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate and i have admin rights so i dont know why i cant delete it!!!

I have scaned it with avg 9 and it detects nothing! Can some one please help me out so i can get rid of this strange folder/files

Cheers :)
Name your OS.XP has a syatem Restore.These are probably for that.You'll br glad when
you need it.Turn off System Files/

Its weird i can move it any where i want but i cant delete it. It was original just right on the hdd. Now its on my desktop. Nah havent tried running a second scan. I spose ill give Malwarebytes a go. Please any more help would be appreciated :)

Name your OS.XP has a syatem Restore.These are probably for that.You'll be glad when
you need it.Turn off System Files
I asked this before that.I don't have an answer.
Don't view hidden or sysyem files.Use Folder options to set.:cool:

If you can move the folder then it's most likely not a system folder that is critical for Windows operation. Boot into Safe Mode, login as the administrator and delete there.

Back
Top Bottom