Burning the Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on the uk news that he's apparently only backing down if the plans to build a mosque at ground zero are canned.

(incidentally what insensitive prick thought that'd be a good location for a mosque anyway?)

Hmm....The extremist muslims trying to send a subliminal, but blatant message. They always build mosques or convert conquered buildings into them to show their conquest (that's the wrong word - help there?) of the building/area.

(incidentally what insensitive prick thought that'd be a good location for a mosque anyway?)
Insensitive? How? So you think a small group of radical idiots represent a religion as a whole?

Hmm....The extremist muslims trying to send a subliminal, but blatant message. They always build mosques or convert conquered buildings into them to show their conquest (that's the wrong word - help there?) of the building/area.

That's the thing, this isn't for extremists. It's for level headed people who want a place of worship. Don't start on that Fox News conspiracy bullshit, because it's not true.

...and folks, even if it did have ties to extremists, wouldn't it be a fantastic example of American tolerance?

Don't tread on us.

You believe what you want, and I'll do the same. But honestly, isn't it just a bit coincidental?

Tbh, though, J. You know I won't be able to argue with you on this one ;)

Insensitive? How? So you think a small group of radical idiots represent a religion as a whole?
I don't believe this.

I don't even think this.

what I AM saying is this.

those two towers were destroyed in a fundamentalist religious attack against a nation, it WAS announced as a Jihad, and regardless of whether you want to separate extremists, fundamentalist and terrorists away from ordinary God fearing people is completely besides the point.

fundamentalist and extreme religious beliefs were cited as the reason for the attack. and to build a great building dedicated to a religion on what is essentially the grave site of where so many people (of all kinds of faiths) died because some twisted individuals killed them in the name of their God is insensitive to the memory of the people who died there.

to be honest I feel that the best thing that they could do with that site is build a park there and dedicate it to the memory of the people who died there, not build any kind of religious building.

and folks, even if it did have ties to extremists, wouldn't it be a fantastic example of American tolerance?
No. tolerating extremists is not something that should ever be entertained anywhere. not just at this site, but anywhere in the world.

The mosque isn't being built ON ground zero. It is being built 2 blocks away. I think this is actually a good way to build a bit of trust with those that practice their religion in peace.

There was an Islamic community that moved to a small town in the Bible Belt (can't remember where) and they were invited to worship in the Catholic church while their Islamic Center was being built. Everyone needs to be more like the people living there; there were no riots, no protests, just a simple instance of human brotherhood.

There are misguided, and extremists in every religion, and every country. It just so happens the Islamic extremists don't just hold up picket signs saying "Allah/God hates ____", they act on it. But this in NO way should display the attitudes of every Mulsim. Just like the Christian/Jewish/atheist/whatever zealots shouldn't represent all of us.

Exactly! If the mosque was being literally built on the spot where the towers fell, I would be all for protesting it. However, it isn't even next door or anything, it is a few streets away.

It would be pure idiocy if it was actually on ground zero.

Yeah, I noticed after he threatened to do it, and got all the attention, he suddenly went back on his promise, and then when someone brought up the mosque, he got right back on the PMS horse again.

I hope someone stones him. Not with the plant either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom