Moving out, again...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
The hotel is owned by the bank now. Been that way for about 3 months. They brought in a management company that is in a nutshell the pits. First they said we had nothing to worry about it was business as usual. Uh Huh, right.

Things were going ok till out of the blue staff hours got cut back to 6 hours a day 4 days a week. Then one day I was called in and told that me and 2 others didn't have a job any more. Out of the blue mind you. No warning. No nothing. So they gave me a week to get things sorted out and get off the property. That was ok I guess. Now all this time I've been hammering the old GM to keep his word to me and get me somewhere else. He left saying he would. I talked to him just a bit ago and he said they are selling the property in North Carolina and it wouldn't make sense to have me go there for a couple of weeks then have to move again. Makes sense to me too considering taveling costs are coming out of my soon to be empty pocket.

I'm not doing too well right now all things considered. If any of you remember the Tampa adventure, you'll understand what's going through my mind right now.
I still have to pack up my tv and computer goodies. I have a truck lined up for in the morning to put my belongings in storage. Having to lay 100 bucks to get moved. If my ass is going to be back in the streets at least this time I won't lose my possestions.
Upward and onward.

If I can't find a place to stay that has wireless internet, I'll be off for a while. I'll try to get on when I can and say hi if nothing else.

Thanks. I do know one thing though. When I get out of this state I'll only come back here one more time to get my stuff.

D:

Sorry to hear that. Much luck to you in your search for a place to reside (as well as a job!!).

Thanks. I don't have anything against the people in this state but the weather is horrid. Temps in the 90's and the humidity is right up there with it.
A old friend of mine lives in Texas. We were chatting tonight and he commented there is plenty of work where he lives and to come up. He's looking for an extended stay for me but might have to wait till next week as he's going out of town on vacation. But that's the rub there. I need to vammoose before my funds run out. It's going to kill me inside to have to stay just for the week end.

EDIT: And the really cool thing about Texas is... No sales tax. So if I go and rent a room for a week or a night, I pay the posted amount and there's no 13% hotel tax.

You're in Florida, right?

Yeah, weather sucks there. Just sucks. I could never live there. Even vacationing there for a week or so drives me crazy.

good luck.

hope this all works out in the end for you.

Back
Top Bottom