My computer is commiting scuicide (plz read i need help)

ok, i have...but im still wondering why partition magic claims i have a BAD drive... id really like to take out thoughs extra partitions. ill see if windows can do that to...(prolly not)

Good news. in disk manegment i deleted the extra partitions... i then opened up partition magic. on its start-up it gave me a dialog saying that a partition table had been fixed, and now its showing my HDD info again...

and since im here i might as well try to figure out why my extra HDD dosent behave correctly in partition magic. it show some information and claims its all 1 partition (so does windows) but in fact that drive has windows 7, and ubuntu... why is it showing up weird, is linux partitioning messing with the pc's mind?

Did you install Ubuntu through booting from the CD or installing through Windows? If you installed while Windows was running, there's no extra partition, it's just makes a virtual partition for Ubuntu.

i intalled from CD by way of computer booting. i never do things about operating systems; in operating systems.

I'd also run a virus scan asap. It could just as likely be something like that. Plus it never hurts to be safe...

Back
Top Bottom